TWERP, permanent brick.

OK, had fun with rooting and other customizations for years, but lost interest. So decided to play with roms.
First thing I found out was that it Optimus V was so old, almost impossible to find the utilities for it.
But managed to get almost everything I needed, ADB, fastboot, bootbox, etc.
Hit the wall when it came to Twerp, seems most older versions have been removed by creators.
So tried the few I found that were supposed to be compatible.
Tried 2.2.2.1, said it installed, but only booted into fastboot mode, no twerp.
Tried a couple other versions, but they wouldn't install, maybe bad image.
After a couple weeks, finally found one more, might have been for S and I assumed it was 5(v). Well it also installed without error, but trashed recovery mode. I only got a blank screen. Was able to pull battery and boot into normal user mode. But since no longer any recovery mode, can't install any more versions, and the utilities no longer see a device.

So I tried the last ditch effort, went to privacy in settings to see if it would reset. That hard bricked everything. Now stuck on LG screen with normal boot, or blank screen with recovery boot.

But it was fun, Anyway, from what I read, no way to recover it now. So what I learned was ... DON"T wait 5+ years, and expect to find what you need! Download everything when the phone is new.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Q] Expect to be able to root the Tab 4 ?

Security Question