How to root and/or replace the OS on an Oppo R9 Plus

I don't have a lot of experience working with Android devices. A new coworker of mine has an Oppo R9 Plus that was purchasing in China. It currently only has access to a Chinese-language app store (even though the phone is in English mode).

If possible, I am looking to help her root the phone, and replace the OS with a standard version of the Android operating system (a newer version would be great, but really the version doesn't much matter). The goal here is to be rid of China-specific junk and limitations, and to have access to the standard Google Play store.

Unfortunately, searches here and on the web have not been super helpful, providing me a range of tools and possibilities (many locked behind very scammy looking offers before download). Is what I want to do possible? Any direction for where I should be looking?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Q] Expect to be able to root the Tab 4 ?

Security Question