GOOD NEWS FOR COOLPAD USERS!!! CoolPad Official ROMs

After 12 day of back and forth emails I was able to convince Coolpad to release their ROMs. The ROMs can be found on the support page for each of their phones. You're welcome!

In case you were wondering how this conversation went:
Quote:

Me (June 7, 2017 10:49 AM CST):
I am a freelance writer for Android Authority. I am contacting you to ask for an official response as to why your company refuses to release their factory stock images. So, what gives?
Xin Hamilton [Director of Marketing] (Jun 7, 2017 5:22 PM CST):
We haven’t received any request for factory images. Are you looking for high res images for an article you are writing? Which device are you referring to? I’m happy to send over the high res images for that.
Me (Jun 7, 2017 5:38 PM CST):
The request was not solicited by Android Authority. The request was solicited by a multitude of Coolpad users. People whose phones have stopped functioning due to a software problem and cannot use the recovery menu to reset their device have been trying to get stock images for quite some time now. Might I suggest that you add a stock image download option to the support pages for each of your devices?
Jeff Lin (Jun 7, 2017 5:45 PM CST):
Our website has been under construction to upload the stock image for each model we have. I do appreciate your prompt response and suggestion. Let me look into this and expedite this process for the customers. Thank you.
Me (Jun 8, 2017 10:08 AM CST):
Of course. Many people I spoke to were under the impression that the images were intentionally withheld. I am happy that this is not the case. Is there any chance I could get a stock rom for the Coolpad Catalyst 3622A (US MetroPCS Variant). I am one of the multiple Coolpad users who has has trouble getting a stock rom for my device and now it just sits around taking up space.
Jeff Lin (Jun 8, 2017 9:31 PM CST):
Regarding the stock ROMs, I’ve uploaded onto our server into programming as a link for all customers to download accordingly based on their Coolpad model. Let me confirm with the programming IT team for update on this implementation. Thank you for waiting in the meantime.
Me (Jun 8, 2017 11:38 PM CST):
Great, thanks for the update.
Me (Jun 15, 2017 2:38 PM CST):
Hey, it's me again. Just contacting you to ask about those ROMs again. As a part-time web developer I know how long it should take to upload some files and add some links to a few pages. My article in progress calling out manufacturers regarding the e-waste they create by not providing firmware downloads still lists Coolpad as one of the culprits at the moment and I would not regret it if I had to call you out at this point. Please release stock firmware for all of your phones so we can all work to eliminate e-waste.
Jeff Lin (Jun 19, 2017 1:51 PM CST):
Please see our website if you haven’t checked for firmware download yet on (I'm not yet allowed to post links) for MetroPCS or T-Mobile software build. Thank you.

UPDATE: CoolPad has removed the firmware links from their site as of the last time I checked. I have emailed them to ask why and am awaiting a response. In the meantime, I'm uploading the one firmware I did snag while it was up. I'll add a link soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Q] Expect to be able to root the Tab 4 ?

Security Question